Baby Bath Tub Nursing Procedure BabyBath Types Nurses Responsibilities
Baby Bath, Types of Baby Bath, Purposes of Babybath, General rules
for Baby Bath Procedure,
Preparation of articles, Nurses responsibility in Baby Bath, Procedure
sponging, Tub bath, Lap bath, Oil Bath, Ideal time for bathing, all
information about Infant Bath Nursing Procedure Bath Types
information is given Below
Baby Bath Definition:
Baby Bath is Cleaning of Baby Skin using water and Soap or Oil for removing dirt and bacteria to Promote skin health and massage baby body to refresh baby,
BABY BATH PURPOSE:-
To cleanse the skin and stimulate circulation,
To refresh the baby,
To Reduce Skin infection, prevent bedsores,
To clean the body of dirt, bacteria, Microbes
To stimulate circulation,
To provide active and passive exercise,
To induce sleep,
Baby Bath Nursing Procedure Bath Types Responsibilities
TYPES OF INFANT BATH
1. Sponge Bath,
2. Tub Bath,
3. Lap Bath,
• Sponge bathes are given to infants who are acutely ill babies.
• Bath is given on the bed itself using a soft sponge cloth and
using water and soap
This is the common method of giving a bath to a baby.
The baby is submerged into the water in a tub or basin.
Buy online Baby Bath Tub Here from Amazon
• Mothers keep their babies on their lap and give the bath to a baby with warm water and soap,
• Pre-mature babies and sick babies are given an oil bath.
• Oil is applied all over the body and it is wiped off with cotton balls or rag pieces.
Ideal Time For Newborn Bath
• Baby should be bathed after feed within an hour because moving may cause vomit.
• Most babies go to sleep soon after the feeding ideally,
The babies are bathed before the second feeding, taking care that
the baby is not tired or hungry.
Nurse Responsibility In Giving A Baby Bath
General Instructions Babybath procedure:
• Very sick babies are washed in their cots,
• Never leave the baby alone during the bath, because there is a danger of falling the baby,
Preliminary Assessment before Baby Bath
• 1. Check the physician’s orders to see the specific precautions to be taken any.
• 2. Assess the infant’s need for bathing.
• 3. Check the temperature respiration and color of the skin. Turgor, Texture, Edema, Vascularity, Moisture,
• 4. Check whether the child has taken the feed in the previous one hour.
• 5. Check the articles available in the unit.
Contra Indication for babtbath nursing procedures
Low Birthweight babies,
Articles Preparation For Newborn Baby Bathtub:-
Weighing machine for Babies,
Tub for Bath and mattress,
Towels big 1, small 1,
Oil in a container,
Soap in a soap dish,
Rag pieces in a container,
Spirit and antibiotic powder for baby umbilical card dressing,
Macintosh and towel,
Kidney tray and paper bag,
Dress for baby bath,
Room heater in cold weather,
PREPARATION OF THE INFANT FOR BATHING
• Explain to mother what you are going to do,
• Check the room temperature and worm it if necessary,
• Close the windows and put the putt off the fan to prevent drought,
• Adjust the position of the bath table to prevent the baby from falling,
• Keep the table against the wall
• Place the mackintosh over the table,
• Collect all articles in readiness before beginning the procedure,
• Fill the basin half with warm water (37.8 or 100 f)
TUB BATH NURSING PROCEDURE:-
• Collect articles, arrange all supplies near to bedside
• Bath table on a mattress covered with the mackintosh,
To prevent Soil linen,
• Take the baby on a bath blanket or shawl,
• Wash hands Before Procedure and wear an apron, bring the bath table, wrapped in a bath blanket,
• Check whether the baby is wet with urine or stool if wet clean the baby, with baby wipes,
• Clean the baby buttocks if necessary by using a cotton swab,
• Take the weight and record it,
• Wash hands,
• Pour water in the basin, at 100 degrees of Fahrenheit,
• Wash babies face with clean water and wash with the cloth,
• Wrap baby in a blanket, support the back and head held over the basin,
• Wash the head and rinse well,
• Place baby on the table and dry head with a towel,
• Place the baby in the basin while supporting the head.
• Wash body with soap and washcloth,
• Give special care to the genitalia,
• In boys retract the foreskin of the penis, do not use force if it is tight. Wash and report to the doctor,
• Place the baby back on the table,
• Clean the cord and keep dry,
• Dress the baby and wrap in the blanket, Put him in the cot,
• Tidy up the bath table, clean the equipment, and put it in the proper place.
Baby Bath Tub video Nursing Procedure
Baby bath Tub Aftercare of the infant articles
• Dress the stump, with Antiseptic Lotion and antibiotic powder,
• Dress the baby, cover with a towel to prevent hyperthermia
Give to baby Mother to give feed,
• Take the articles to the utility room, disinfect them articles and clean and dry it for next use,
• Wash hands,
• Record the procedure in the nurse’s record with time and date,
Nursing Procedures and Nursing Interventions
Total Parenteral Nutrition Indications Nursing Care & Complications
For Nursing Interventions Tutorials, Nursing Care Procedure first Aid Nursing related information Click Here
3 thoughts on “Baby Bath Tub Nursing Procedure Bath Types Nurses Responsibilities”
This is very nice
This procedure is very nice
Thanks for your Comment